Wednesday 31 March 2010

"it don't matter if your black or white" ?!

touchy touchy subject!


London is a pretty diverse city with different cultures and different areas. Lately, I've been feeling like I've been getting targeted because I'm black mostly the airport when I'm with friends but some occasions it's happened when I was out. One in particular I was with friends who were all white, we were looking for a club so I stopped and asked someone where it was. After we walked somewhere and then we were stopped by two cops who then asked all my friends especially the 2 girls were they alright. They once never asked me, they thought I was trying to rip them off of club tickets. To make matters worse they two cops were BLACK!!

Another case was at the airport going through immigration, my friends went through easily just showed their passport. Me I go they want to take down my fingerprint and ask me where I was and how long I'm staying in London. The guy then had the nerve to say that he isn't targeting me that everyone who has a student visa must take fingerprints YET my roomates who just went who were white didn't take any fingerprints just showed their ID and kept walking.
this isnt the first time this is happening...

you want to know when they ask me what I'm doing in London or when iget stopped and bag searched?
I'M A STUDENT INTERNING IN LONDON! - suprised to see a black man making something of his life and not doin any crimes?

I mean I love airports but sometimes they just piss me off because there isn't any equality!

No comments:

Post a Comment