Saturday 13 March 2010

hola BARCELONA!!

Getting to BARCELONA was a hassle man i swear.
First - the guy tells me that my flight is delayed and then he tells me that im at a different gate. ONE OF THOSE IS A LIE! the gate i was suppose to be wasnt my flight and didnt match my boarding pass. Luckily my flight was delayed so i had time to find the right gate.
Second - I was going to be late checking in at my hostel but i had no minutes to call to notify them. There was a payphone but for reason i didnt know how to dial out to barcelona. On top of that i couldnt use my debit card cuz i got it locked from charges that were on there that i didnt do. YUP my day was going great!! I finally got the payphone working and called my mom and got everything situated.
I get off the flight and baggage claim held all our bags for at least 45 minutes, so i was even more late. I take the bus to the stop i needed but the metro was closed for me to get to my hostel. I decided to take a taxi and might i add THIS WAS A TASK!! He didnt know where my hostel was, havent heard of my hostel, didnt know where the apollo theatre was that was close to my hostel. Finally i tell him to drive and we'll find it. We pass the apollo theatre and hes like oo "apoolow"

Finally get to my hostel and all i want to do was sleep.


THe next day i meet up with a few of the girls from Rider University. We go eat and then go to the famous Las Ramblas. It wasnt that impressive to me just a bunch of people just walking around and theres people dressed up acting as "the mask" "michael jackson" and doing weird stuff. Afterwards i go back to their hostel on a freaking mountain with wild boars lurking around.

The next day i spent the whole day just taking in the sights. Barcelona is famous for their architecture and the famous Antonio Gaudi who designed some of the most bizarre most famous buildings in barcelona.
- i visited Sagrada Familia which means Holy Family and its a temple, church which has been in construction for over 100 years and is only 50% done. INCREDIBLE!!
- went to 2 of gaudi's homes; Casa Mila and Casa Batlo. Both were spectacular showings of architecture but i was more impressed with Casa Batlo.
- i also visited 2 parks which were huge. 1) Park Guele which has the longest best created by Gaudi and made from ceramic tiles. The park consists of alot of walking but it was worth it. You get to the top theres a cross If you walk all the way up to the cross you have a 360 view of the whole BARCELONA! 2) Park Montjuic which can be a full day thing. The park has a castle at the top and museums. I only got the chance to see the castle as I was leaving on a flight to meet my roomates in Lisbon, Portugal! Everyone was walking their dogs which actually was a nice sight to see.














No comments:

Post a Comment