Thursday 15 April 2010

Good Bye Marriott!

Today was my last day for the internship. The past few months working was ok, i mean i wasnt excited about going to work sometimes, mostly because its hard to be motivated when you arent getting paid! I worked in the finance department with revenue control! It was two ladies that I worked with Bonnie and Lorraine. Bonnie is the income auditor so she does alot and Lorraine works under her and thats who i work with. There are daily revenue reports that need to be checked everyday and thats basically what i do. Theres a packet for each day and contains everything that affects the revenue. My Job is to make sure that everything contains a backup and everything thats in the system matches up with what we have received a hard copy for. Since im an intern i couldnt help with what Bonnie was doing which was more on controlling the revenue of the Hotel!
My Co-Workers were awesome, always there to help and always were up for a good laugh. The atmosphere was always good, even though the work was boring I enjoyed their company.

Overall, I had a nice time and got a chance to experience one side of accounting which was working with just one company. Will i go into that direction of just working with one company, probably not. If so, not in hotels!

No comments:

Post a Comment