Sunday 7 February 2010

National Kiwi Day


before i came to london I said I wasn't going to compare here to Australia but now it's been hard. When I talk to people here and the stuff they said they want to do or seen I end up thinking about that I've experienced it in australia. I keep bringing up examples of when I was in australia.
Before Saturday I haven't met any australians and new zealanders(kiwis) but this day was alot different. I was invitied to a pub crawl by a friend who invited her. today we were honorary kiwis.  Saturday was national kiwi day and many australians and new zealanders would pub crawl from paddington to Westminster and then watch the footy game.  It was crazy that the pub crawled STARTED AT 1030 IN THE MORNING!! I've never seen so many people walking around drinking in the streets. on this day the cops couldn't do anything but watch and make sure nothing bad happens.  There were thousands of people no exaggeration needed some were dressed as where's Waldo, smurfs, fairies, the list can go on.  it certainly was a special day and I would never forget it, well almost if I would have kept drinking ! we ended in front of the big Ben and houses of parliament in westminster with a crowd over a thousand. I love Australians and kiwis not because of the drinking but their sense of humor and they just like to have fun without any trouble.  there are some assholes here and there but for the most part people just want to have fun.  they are so accepting as well, my friend and I walked around saying we were kiwis and talking to eveyone and no one had a problem with it.  the people we were with actually didn't want us to leave they said we were cool and fun to hang out with. ( Kirby, Kate, matt and I forgot the last girl name). I made it to 7 pm and that was my limit my bed was calling me for the rest of the night!!!
shoutouts to Laura Wiley for inviting me 2/5ths of the team!

No comments:

Post a Comment